Mobile Payments Coming to a 7-Eleven near You
It looks like there was another win for mobile payments that merchant locations.
7-Eleven announced on September 10th that they are going to be enabling mobile payments. Specifically, point the convenience store will now be accepting Apple pay and Google pay for contactless payments at participating US stores.
When it comes to technology adoption 7-Eleven is no stranger as cited by some of its other recent digital Innovations that include:
- 7-Eleven NOW – The proprietary smartphone app, currently being rolled out into select U.S. markets, enables on-demand ordering of products from local 7-Eleven stores, and offers Apple Pay as a payment option.
- 7Rewards® – The popular app-based customer loyalty program allows customers to earn and redeem points upon checkout. The app also provides unique and exciting customer experiences in and out of stores.
- 7-Eleven Bot on Messenger –7-Eleven fans can engage with the brand from within Facebook by simply chatting the 7-Eleven Bot on Facebook Messenger.
- Amazon – The in-store package pickup service, Amazon Locker, is in approximately 1,100 7-Eleven stores; and Amazon Cash may be used at more than 8,000 locations.
- BillPay – The app powered by PayNearMe enables cash users to pay a variety of bills at participating 7‑Eleven stores.
When asked about the mobile payment adoption Gurmeet Singh CDO and CIO of 7-Eleven stated, “Frictionless experiences are the future, and digital payments are key to such experiences. Consumers prefer shopping at retailers that offer digital payment capabilities. The ability to pay with their smart device gives consumers one more reason to shop at 7-Eleven.”
For Mobile Pay enthusiastic this can be viewed as a significant victory at 7-Eleven is the largest chain in the convenience retailing industry and by accepting these mobile payment solutions may send a wake-up call two other merchants who are still hesitant to accept mobile payments.
The post Mobile Payments Coming to a 7-Eleven near You appeared first on PaymentsJournal.